Consulting - Manager - Financial Institutions - Compliance Job
Date: May 22, 2013
Location: Charlotte, NC, US
The financial industry has always been subject to its share of regulation, including those mandated by the various regulatory agencies, including the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Comptroller of the Currency and Federal Reserve Bank.
Over the last several years, the regulatory agencies have implemented risk-focused examinations to evaluate financial institutions' safety and soundness. Examinations also assess areas such as internal controls, financial condition and compliance with applicable laws and regulations. An institution's most vulnerable areas receive the greatest scrutiny.
At McGladrey LLP, we use risk-based compliance programs to provide a sound risk assessment strategy. Our risk-based approach, developed through years of experience, is designed to identify and qualify the vulnerabilities our clients face. Working together, we develop plans to protect our clients against financial and regulatory risks.
At McGladrey we know tools and techniques go only so far in exposing risk to our clients. We know that our success depends upon the strength of our consultants. An environment sound in regulatory compliance exists through the input of experienced resources, abreast of the latest regulatory requirements.
We are currently looking for a resource strong in regulatory knowledge to join our Risk Advisory Consulting group at the Supervisor level. You will work with clients of McGladrey and use your knowledge, expertise, and talent to provide value added consulting services to our financial institution clientele. The consulting engagements you will take part in will allow you to perform risk assessments and compliance testing relative to regulatory compliance and the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Work individually or as part of a team to provide project execution on client engagements
- Contribute to strong client relationships through positive client support and sound expertise
- Demonstrate expertise in select area of functional specialty, preferably lending compliance
- Using proven tools and techniques, execute project deliverables in a manner congruent with our client's business objectives
- Experience testing for compliance with banking laws and regulations
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related business field of study
- 4 to 6 years experience in regulatory compliance
- 4 to 6 years experience in a bank or bank regulatory agency
- Ability to travel 35% of the time
- Regulatory Compliance Certification a plus, but not required
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
You have high expectations for yourself and your career. So does McGladrey. Imagine what we will achieve together.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. McGladrey is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience McGladrey. Experience the power of being understood.™
Location Street Address:
Region: Full Time
Position Type: Experienced
Job Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor
Travel Required: No
Relocation Eligible: No
Sponsor candidates who are not eligible to work in US: No
Requisition ID: MAMC9419
Nearest Major Market: Charlotte
Job Segments: Consulting, Consultant, Financial, Banking, Contract, Finance, Technology