Tax - Partner - Real Estate Job
Date: Jan 28, 2015
Location: Chicago, IL, US
McGladrey is seeking a direct admit Partner for our National Real Estate Tax practice located in downtown Chicago. Our Real Estate practice includes all aspects of the real estate ownership "life cycle" from acquisition due diligence to disposition and related federal and multi-state income tax compliance.
The Real Estate Tax Partner will advise real estate businesses and their owners with tax matters related to pass through entities including closely held businesses, corporations, partnerships and limited liability corporations, as well as high-net-worth individuals. This person will provide leadership in tax compliance and consulting services and will be accountable for quality client services, winning new business, adding value through commercial acumen, and will further develop high performing teams. In addition, the successful candidate will be entrusted to cultivate new clients and increase services to existing clients including cross selling opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 15+ years of experience providing tax compliance, consulting, and planning services to corporations, partnerships, LLC's, and high net worth individuals.
- Subject matter expert in partnership taxation, as well as in taxation involving real estate projects and owners.
- Tax expertise with respect to partnership structures and their impact on real estate investors, transactions and corresponding federal and state tax liabilities.
- A proven track record of developing new business and cross selling the firm's products and services.
- An established network of clients and customers, business catalysts and collaborators. A book of business is strongly preferred, but may not be necessary.
- Strong and innovative leadership and project management skills including the ability to mentor highly talented people.
- CPA (JD and Masters in Taxation preferred).
- Demonstrated an ability to exercise professional and technical discretion on matters of significance.
- Unquestioned integrity and the ability to operate within cross functional lines are essential.
You’re one of a kind. So is McGladrey. Imagine what we will achieve together.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. McGladrey is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience McGladrey. Experience the power of being understood. ™
McGladrey is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Location Street Address: One South Wacker Drive, Ste. 800
Region: Great Lakes Region
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor
Travel Required: No
Sponsor candidates who are not eligible to work in US: No
Requisition ID: GLMC13061
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Tax, Real Estate, Realtor, Accounting, Consulting, Finance, Sales, Technology