Technology Solutions - ERP Assessment Consultant Job
Date: Oct 9, 2013
Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
McGladrey is currently offering a unique opportunity for an experienced ERP Software Assessment Consultant for our growing Technology Services Consulting Practice. This person will facilitate and lead technology assessments for existing and prospective clients' technology environments. This person will be responsible for identifying governance and business software requirements while also coordinating a team of industry, functional, and technical experts to craft compelling, value-added solutions for a variety of clients.
- The ideal candidate has knowledge of manufacturing processes and experience project managing and/or performing implementations of ERP software solutions (preferably Microsoft)
- Experience working with business units and departments in order to understanding software requirements
- Ability to develop a strong business case for action and possesses the skills to bring the actions to a close
- Has high-level, broad knowledge of corporate technologies and the ability to effectively convey the value proposition of a number of services and solutions, such as management consulting, cloud computing, ERP related software solutions and managed infrastructure services
- Creatively works with vendors, clients, partners and consulting practice resources at McGladrey to define the RIGHT solutions that create value and a recurring revenue streams.
- Strong executive presence, professional image and experience working with C-level management
- Has exceptional writing skills and develops and/or contributes to client deliverables, such as strategic and tactical technology solution reports
- Ability to lead and work within a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment to build and deliver comprehensive, multi-year technology roadmaps that support clients' business objectives.
- Possesses high-level business and technical knowledge of IT infrastructure environments
- Leverages knowledge of business acumen, liaises with other technology consultants to document assessment findings, translating technical concepts into business-facing terminology
- Leads and / or participates in presenting client deliverables, such as findings, recommendations and strategic infrastructure plans
- Possesses the ability to collaborate with a variety technology consulting specialists and quickly ascertain the business value of their services and/or associated solutions relative to a particular client's needs
- Project manages engagement activities, timelines, resources and timelines
- Four or more years of manufacturing and/or distribution ERP systems requirements definition and selection and/or implementation experience and knowledge
- Experience working with multiple ERP solutions such as Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle, SAP, Infor, Epicor, Sage,NetSuite, or niche industry products.
- Solid understanding of manufacturing related processes
- A four year college degree - MBA or other advanced degree is a plus
- Proven customer relationship management skills and ability to establish key decision-maker relationships
- High level technology infrastructure knowledge and understanding strongly preferred
- Strong communication, customer service and problem solving skills
- Prior consulting and project management experience a plus
- Willingness to travel throughout the Midwest. (est. 50%)
You have high expectations for yourself and your career. So does McGladrey. Imagine what we will achieve together.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. McGladrey is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience McGladrey. Experience the power of being understood.™
Location Street Address: 801 Nicollet Mall, West Tower, Ste. 1100
Region: Central Region
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor
Travel Required: No
Relocation Eligible: No
Sponsor candidates who are not eligible to work in US: No
Requisition ID: NPMC10640
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segments: Consulting, Consultant, ERP, Database, Contract, Technology