Director of Business Valuation - Financial Advisory Services – New York Job
Date: Sep 5, 2014
Location: Stamford, CT, US
We are looking to hire a Director of Business Valuation with a focus on private equity to be part of our Financial Advisory Services Team in Stamford. Our Financial Advisory Services Team is known for their expertise in working with private equity groups: analyzing and resolving complex situations which often require the application of sophisticated business valuation techniques. McGladrey's success in serving private equity clients is reflective of our award winning designation in the industry as a premier service provider.
If you enjoy working with private equity groups to figure out ways of improving efficiencies, adding value by matching Firm capabilities with client needs, we invite you to join our winning strategy with our Financial Advisory Services Team.
Our business valuation team performs valuations of business entities, intellectual property, intangible assets, common and preferred stock and other securities along with partnership interests, private debt instruments, options, warrants, and other derivative products. These services are provided to assist clients with mergers, acquisitions and dispositions; taxation planning and compliance; financial reporting; bankruptcy and reorganization; litigation and dispute resolution; and strategic planning.
At McGladrey our goal of being a trusted business advisor is reflective in our practice. We believe that the engagement consultation process needs to actively involve our clients. We bring a team of seasoned industry and technical specialists who are committed to providing responsive service to our private equity clients.
Desired Skills & Experience:
Education: Minimum Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics Masters Degree in Business, Finance or Economics preferred
Professional Certifications: ABV/CPA, ASA or CFA
- Experience selling business valuation service to private equity groups
- Experience valuing complex financial instruments
- Industry expertise in either: Health Care, Financial Institutions or Alternative Investments
- Experience with Option Pricing Models, Monte Carlo and Binomial Models
- Practice development and management, marketing and thought leadership as it relates to private equity groups
- Successful candidate will have experience in managing client relationships and leveraging them to sell Firm solutions
- Ability to exceed client expectations in a sophisticated large consulting or accounting firm environment. Experience with a "Big 4" or national consulting firm providing valuation services including valuation for financial reporting, tax reporting and litigation support
- Demonstrated ability to develop business and a productive referral network
- 8+ years in Management/Leadership/Supervisory experience
- Database experience with Capital IQ, Mergerstat, other transaction databases
Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to travel to clients and other McGladrey offices
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to gather facts, organize data, analyze financial statements and other financial data, and identify relevant issues
- Establish and maintain an effective sales and marketing
process in the Valuation practice area including the
following items. Specific growth goals will be established
and incorporated in key goals.
o Maintaining an established referral network, pipeline
of potential private equity clients,
o Networking with peers in other geographic markets
and in other areas of assurance, tax and business
o Contributing thought leadership in practice area.
- Provide clients with pre-/post- M&A advisory (pre-
acquisition earnings impacts, management buy-outs, and
- Primary advisor to clients/manage engagement team
- Manager/Oversee/Train/develop other business
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with centers of influence and professionals
- Effectively manage overall client relationships to exceed client satisfaction
- Manage the fundamentals (i.e. realization, utilization, leverage, accounts, receivable, and expenses)
- Be a thought leader
- Mentor, coach and train staff
- Successfully integrate strategy of the firm
- Heighten the McGladrey brand by demonstrating thought leadership and embracing the McGladrey marketing campaign and programs supported by the firm
- Promote cross selling and integrating of service line of business and more
- Travel as needed in the region
- The successful professional will have a strong sense of leadership
- A self starter
- "Hands on, action-oriented"
- A professional who leads by example
- Highly respected people leader
- Exceptional executive presence and professionalism which commands the respect of colleagues and subordinates
- High energy
- Results oriented
- Ability to inspire others to follow
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit
- A professional possessing the highest levels of professional and personal honesty, integrity and ethics
You’re one of a kind. So is McGladrey. Imagine what we will achieve together.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. McGladrey is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience McGladrey. Experience the power of being understood. ™
McGladrey is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Location Street Address: 850 Canal Street, 4th Floor
Region: Northeast Region
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor
Travel Required: Yes
Sponsor candidates who are not eligible to work in US: Yes
Requisition ID: NEMC9113
Nearest Major Market: Bridgeport
Nearest Secondary Market: Danbury
Job Segment: Financial, Manager, Equity, Consulting, Accounts Receivable, Finance, Management, Technology