Assurance - Manager - Financial Services Job
Date: Apr 8, 2014
Location McLean, VA, US
We are looking for a dynamic Manager to join our Financial Services team in McLean, VA. As part of the audit team, the Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing multiple engagement teams and preparing end-of-engagement evaluations for staff
- Providing appropriate and timely performance feedback to those supervised.
- Keeping lines of communication open with staff and clients.
- Monitoring and reporting the productivity of staff and adhering to work plan schedules on each assignment.
- Providing timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Anticipating and addressing client concerns and escalating problems as they arise.
- Recognizing and informing senior management of opportunities to increase level and types of services to clients.
- Keeping abreast of latest developments as they affect GAAP and the Firm's standards and policies.
- Ensuring professional development through ongoing education and obtaining additional certifications as appropriate.
- 5+ years recent experience working in a public accounting environment.
- Solid understanding of audit and attest services.
- A successful record of directing and deploying staff and senior associates on multiple, simultaneous engagements.
- CPA required.
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- A proven record of building profitable, sustainable client relationships.
You’re one of a kind. So is McGladrey. Imagine what we will achieve together.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. McGladrey is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience McGladrey. Experience the power of being understood. ™
McGladrey is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Location Street Address: 1861 International Drive, Suite 400
Region: Southeast Region
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor
Travel Required: No
Relocation Eligible: No
Sponsor candidates who are not eligible to work in US: No
Requisition ID: MAMC7977
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Financial, Accounting, Manager, CPA, Finance, Management