Director, Private Equity Consulting Job
Date: Sep 5, 2014
Location: San Francisco, CA, US
We have an immediate need for a consulting leader to continue building our West Coast Private Equity (PE) Practice. We are currently providing value based consulting services that address the unique needs of our Private Equity clients in various types of transactions, as well as throughout the investment lifecycle. The Director will continue to build, retain and grow a team of West Coast clients in consulting services solutions. This role entails significant responsibility in developing new business, managing the client relationship at the executive levels, advising clients on transactions while providing direction and oversight to project teams. The position can be based in either Los Angeles or San Francisco.
This leadership role requires strong prior consulting skills and will have three areas of responsibility:
- Cultivate new and existing client business development opportunities for the PE practice.
- Significant generation of prospecting/networking activities (events, meetings, phone calls, emails) in the pursuit of new client acquisition, current client service and brand awareness
- Originate and manage business development opportunities and sales cycles with prospective clients in conjunction with our PE Business Development staff
- Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the Los Angeles, San Francisco and other West Coast Private Equity communities
- Excellent understanding of clients business needs turning those goals into concrete projects and detailed proposals
- Lead development of proposals, work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for project prospects
- Ability to interpret a company prospectus and/or management presentation in the context of the clients' investment thesis to build best of breed project teams
- Create, lead, manage and participate in teams of industry, business, and technology consultants to perform our pre-close advisory and post-close consulting services
- Advise and support strategic recommendations in the context of a transaction, evaluating operating models and systems, recommending organizational structures, identifying and outlining process and technology improvements, and estimating implementation costs and associated return on investment
- Work with customers and target personnel during site visits to lead the due diligence process of acquisition targets. Perform quality assurance reviews on client deliverables and often lead read-outs.
- Acts as and/or support the Project Managers in developing project plans, milestones, estimates, and structure on larger post-close engagements
- Contribute to McGladrey's Private Equity Consulting practice (methodology, practice aids, team development), and drive best practices behaviors into the organization in partnership with national and other regional (Central, East Coast) practice leaders
- Ability to lead, mentor and grow consultants and actively participate in the career advisory and performance management process
- Participate actively in the recruiting process for additional practice managers and consultants
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, Finance or Accounting
- Ability to Travel Monday - Thursday (weekly) 75%
- Currently resides in the San Francisco or Los Angeles marketplace
- 10+ years of consulting experience, with prior Private Equity operations experience and Transaction Services experience as well.
- Experience in systems integration/deployment, IT consulting or customer-facing information technology field
- Experience with CRM, ERP, Accounting, WMS and/or other relevant operational business applications
- Prior experience managing medium-large teams of professional services consultants and large projects
- Practice development and strong leadership skills
- Strong business development and an active professional network of Private Equity contacts in the West Coast market
- Membership and visibility in relevant professional organizations (e.g. Association for Corporate Growth)
- Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, strategic planning and analysis
- Mature business development, project management and consulting skills; writing and presentation of business solutions
- Business skills: listening, clarifying, asking questions, recommending, proposing ideas and solutions
- Positive attitude, excellent customer communications skills and the ability to act on own initiative with a strong commitment to customer service
You’re one of a kind. So is McGladrey. Imagine what we will achieve together.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. McGladrey is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience McGladrey. Experience the power of being understood. ™
McGladrey is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Location Street Address: 55 Hawthorne Street, Suite 500
City: San Francisco
Region: West Region
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor
Travel Required: No
Sponsor candidates who are not eligible to work in US: No
Requisition ID: NWMC13017
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment: Consultant, Consulting, Financial, Manager, Business Development, Contract, Finance, Management, Sales