Tax Director - Family Wealth Services Job
Date: Dec 30, 2014
Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Our Los Angeles office has a great opportunity for a Family Wealth Services Tax Director. NO Agency Submittals.
- Oversee the efforts of multiple teams on client engagements; plan, execute, direct, and complete tax projects in a wide variety of industries; provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise to clients; market, sell, design, and implement tax-planning strategies for clients and manage to budget
- Provide tax planning and consulting to our firm's high net worth clients for estate, wills and trusts taxation, and individual income taxes. Interact closely with client's other advisors, such as attorneys and financial asset managers
- Write-up of books and records for business and charitable entities.
- Reviewing personal, fiduciary, and foundation income tax returns
- Contributing to client satisfaction by providing timely services and work product.
- Maintaining and fostering relationships with clients and brokers.
- Demonstrating an understanding of tax concepts and actively pursuing increased tax knowledge through client assignments and current tax developments.
- Maintain regular contact with assigned clients and develop strong relationships through personal attention, timeliness of service, and good money saving advice
- Researching tax laws and preparing tax memorandum on technical issues
- Proven track record of sales/revenue generation
- Expanding services to existing clients and developing new business relationships
- Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on tax projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Bachelor's degree
- CPA License or JD required
- Tax Advisory and Estate Planning experience required
- A minimum of ten years of progressive tax consulting in Family Wealth Planning or related area in public accounting or consulting.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- 10+ years experience in dealing with high net worth clients required
- 5+ years of managerial experience required
- Master's Degree in Taxation or Law Degree desired
- Experience working with Private Foundations
- Recent public accounting experience required
- Ability to establish and maintain strong client relationships
- Proven ability to develop new business relationships and expand services to existing clients
- Excellent communication skills-both oral and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required
- Experience with tax preparation software required - ProFx, BNA Income Tax Planner, and Go Systems desired
- Experience with research tools required - RIA Checkpoint and CCH desired
You’re one of a kind. So is McGladrey. Imagine what we will achieve together.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. McGladrey is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience McGladrey. Experience the power of being understood. ™
McGladrey is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Location Street Address: 515 South Flower Street, Forty-first floor
City: Los Angeles
Region: West Region
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor
Travel Required: No
Sponsor candidates who are not eligible to work in US: No
Requisition ID: NWMC10518
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Tax, Manager, Accounting, Consulting, CPA, Finance, Management, Technology