Tax Director Job
Date: Mar 11, 2014
Location: San Francisco, CA, US
This role provides an opportunity to join a high-performing tax practice. The ideal candidate will be able to perform the following.
- Managing and driving the success of multiple engagements.
- Be client facing and grow practice
- Be responsible for revenue generation and managing a book of business
- Attracting, developing, and retaining top talent.
- Keeping lines of communication open with staff and clients.
- Ability to manage within budgetary and time constraints while providing a high-level of client satisfaction.
- Anticipating and addressing client concerns and escalating problems as they arise.
- Initiating "cross selling" business to other practices.
- Promoting new ideas and business solutions that result in extended services to existing clients.
- Developing an understanding of client's business and becoming a "functional expert" in the area.
- Keeping abreast of changes in industry regulation, maintain competency through continuing education and obtaining additional professional certifications
- Providing appropriate and timely performance feedback to those supervised.
- CPA required
- BA degree in Accounting
- Strong experience with Partnership returns
- 8+ years continuous recent public accounting experience.
- Must be able to support financial growth efforts and manage a book of business
- Successful candidates will possess ability to plan client engagements, provide tax consulting services, supervise and review work of team staff members, work closely with clients as well as internal managers and partners.
- Experience in the review of corporate returns specific to a variety of industries including Manufacturing Wholesale Distribution, Service, Retail and Restaurants.
- Possess specialized knowledge of FAS 109 and tax stream.
- Fund Experience a plus
- Masters of Taxation or MBA
You’re one of a kind. So is McGladrey. Imagine what we will achieve together.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. McGladrey is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience McGladrey. Experience the power of being understood. ™
McGladrey is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Location Street Address: 55 Hawthorne Street, Suite 500
City: San Francisco
Region: West Region
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor
Travel Required: No
Relocation Eligible: No
Sponsor candidates who are not eligible to work in US: No
Requisition ID: NWMC10475
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segments: Tax, Accounting, Manager, Consulting, CPA, Finance, Management, Technology