Assurance - Audit Senior - Financial Services Job
Date: Oct 4, 2014
Location: San Jose, CA, US
- Providing timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Preparing all necessary financial statement and related disclosures and reportable conditions letters, with an eye on quality, thoroughness and accuracy.
- Developing an understanding of client's business, and becoming a "functional expert" in the area. Keeping lines of communication open with staff and clients.
- Supervising engagement team as needed.
- Monitoring and reporting regarding the productivity of staff, and adherence to work plan schedules on each assignment.
- Keeping abreast of latest developments and ensuring professional development through ongoing education.
- Anticipating and addressing client concerns and escalating problems as they arise.
- Recognizing and informing senior management of opportunities to increase level and types of services to clients.
- The position offers an opportunity to work with a diverse client base.
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or closely related field.
Experience auditing Financial Service clients (depository institutions, specialty finance companies and funds).
2-4 years public accounting experience as an audit professional.
- CPA or demonstrated progress toward obtaining CPA certification.
- Understanding of audit services with knowledge of FASB regulations, GAAS, and GAAP.
- Ability to travel 8-10 weeks per year
You’re one of a kind. So is McGladrey. Imagine what we will achieve together.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. McGladrey is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience McGladrey. Experience the power of being understood. ™
McGladrey is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Location Street Address: 100 W. San Fernando Street, Suite 460
City: San Jose
Region: West Region
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor
Travel Required: No
Sponsor candidates who are not eligible to work in US: No
Requisition ID: NWMC10982
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Audit, Financial, Accounting, CPA, Finance