Assurance - Partner - Commercial Job
Date: Apr 8, 2014
Location McLean, VA, US
We are looking to hire an Assurance Partner to join our practice. This partner would be responsible for managing some existing clients as well as developing new business to establish a full client responsibility in the Washington D.C, Northern Virginia, and Maryland Region for McGladrey LLP.
Overview of Job:
- The Assurance executive will focus on and drive this service offering with the Washington Metropolitan region
- Capabilities and expectations include
o business development, primarily in middle market core audit and tax but could include growth in other service lines
o partner role on moderate to complex commercial assurance clients
o actively participate in people development
o maintaining operational excellence (billing, collections, personnel management, scheduling, and related administrative responsibilities), and
o continuing our history of profitable growth in the Assurance Practice for the Washington Metro Offices.
- The Assurance Partner will have technical responsibility for quality and financial performance on his/her assurance clients.
- The Assurance Partner will collaborate and represent McGladrey to clients and prospects within the Washington D.C. Metropolitan Region.
- The Assurance Partner will work across regions as a collaborator and leader within the integrated, national Assurance team.
- He / she will have substantial responsibility in overseeing client service delivery of solutions for Assurance clients and will collaborate to introduce other service offerings.
- This professional will use their industry knowledge, experience, depth of technical knowledge and strong collaborative expertise to add knowledge, value, and executive leadership.
- This successful, dynamic accomplished executive professional will assist in developing business plans, leading and developing assurance personnel in their interactions with clients in the marketplace.
- The Assurance Partner will develop and execute the Firm strategy aligned with regional and national expectations to drive growth for the Firm.
- The Assurance Partner will support the McGladrey Assurance Services line of business as needed which may include concurring or other technical involvement on firm assurance clients.
- The Assurance Partner will ensure the delivery of The McGladrey Experience and our brand promise; The Power of Being Understood.
- The Assurance Partner will conduct him/herself in accordance with the Firm's Core Values
- In our matrix organization, we have a dual reporting structure. This partner will report to the Commercial Assurance Team Lead Partner for the Washington Metro area and the Office Managing Partner.
Desired Credentials: CPA certification, current and in good standing
- 10 plus years experience in public accounting
- Technical proficiency in financial statement audits of dynamic middle market companies that engage in complex transactions including: mergers and acquisitions, complex equity structures, complex debt structures, etc.
- Experience in any of the following areas; technology, government contracting, healthcare, financial services, private equity groups and their portfolio companies, etc.
- Experience with Big 4 or tier 2 accounting firm
- Excellent client service and organizational management skills
- Proven success and track record in building, developing growing and sustaining client relationships
- Will have obtained recognition in professional organizations
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in building, developing, and managing a book of business to meet goals and objectives
- Use professional network and existing relationships to actively develop new business for the assurance team as well as extend opportunities to other lines of business within the firm.
- Effectively manage client relationships to exceed client satisfaction
- Will heighten the McGladrey brand
- The Partner will collaborate with the McGladrey Leadership team to accomplish these goals
- The Partner will be responsible for maintaining quality standards of excellence and best practices
- He/ she will demonstrate exceptional leadership skills and proven success in managing and motivating teams
- Exercise the highest levels of leadership and mentorship
- Successfully integrate strategies defined by the firm
- Attract, develop and retain talent
- Ensure the continuous professional development of staff is being met
- Travel as needed
Standards of Performance:
- Collaborative, trustworthy, and motivated
- Achievements of financial goals and plans established by the Firm
- Achievement of geographic and capabilities growth as defined by the Firm
- Development of staff along with retention and satisfaction of team members
- Positive leadership culture
- A self starter who leads by example
- Highly respected people leader
- Stellar market reputation
- Exceptional executive presence and professionalism which commands the respect of colleagues and subordinates
- High energy, highly motivated and empowers others
- Results oriented
- Ability to inspire others to follow
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit
- The highest levels of professional, personal honestly, integrity and ethics
You’re one of a kind. So is McGladrey. Imagine what we will achieve together.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. McGladrey is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience McGladrey. Experience the power of being understood. ™
McGladrey is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Location Street Address: 1861 International Drive, Suite 400
Region: Southeast Region
Position Type: Full Time
Job Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor
Travel Required: No
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Sponsor candidates who are not eligible to work in US: No
Requisition ID: MAMC7819
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Equity, Business Development, Private Equity, M&A, Accounting, Finance, Sales, Management