© 2019 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Real Estate Valuation Services
Driving real value in real estate valuations of a single property or substantial portfolio
RSM’s long history of leadership serving the real estate industry means we understand real estate valuations. Whether you are in the real estate business or need a real estate valuation in another industry, learn how RSM has the depth and experience to help.
When it comes to valuations of real estate , volatility is the only constant. Values in one market can vary widely from those in another. As entrepreneurs use technology to disrupt industries, they also can affect associated real estate values—look no further than the effects that online retailing or Airbnb have had on the retail and hospitality industries. Keeping up with accounting rules is also vital. New changes to accounting for leases mean new real estate valuation concerns, even for companies that didn’t think they had real estate issues.
RSM understands real estate valuations
For decades, we’ve been meeting the audit, tax and consulting needs of real estate companies and meeting the real estate-related needs of companies in a broad spectrum of other industries. We understand real estate valuation from every perspective and offer a full range of services, including:
- Appraisals of properties of all kinds, from single properties to substantial portfolios
- Purchase price allocations, including allocations under ASC 805 stemming from business combinations and tax allocations (IRC section 338)
- Valuations for long-lived asset impairment (ASC 360)
- Valuations of leases to help companies comply with new lease accounting rules (ASC 842)
- Appraisal management services, assisting companies in securing and managing third-party appraisal services and helping to ensure such services are delivered on time and according to the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice
Our experienced team includes professionals with MAI designations from the Appraisal Institute, ASA designations from the American Society of Appraisers and designations from the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors. Our team has extensive knowledge of fair value financial and tax reporting standards. We offer resources on the ground where you need them across the United States and, through RSM International, around the world. And, because our real estate valuation professionals are part of our strong real estate practice, we offer more than just valuation services—we can seamlessly coordinate those services with the audit, tax and financial reporting needs they often entail.
How can we help you?
To discuss how our team can help your business, contact us by phone 800.274.3978 or
Real Estate Insights
A quarterly newsletter providing assurance, tax and business insights for real estate-focused organizations.