© 2019 RSM US LLP. All rights reserved.
Tax Advisory Services
Meaningful tax savings aren’t achieved by just correctly filing at the local, state, federal, or international levels. They are realized through a knowledgeable, integrated approach that anticipates how each tax challenge influences the decisions you make to achieve corporate and personal growth.
When you partner with RSM, our tax advisors work alongside you at every stage of your personal or business lifecycle. With a breadth of services extending far beyond filing and compliance issues, our approach is focused on capturing value by strategically planning around your core financial objectives. By leveraging our extensive experience in the middle market, we help you achieve your goals – whether that be to expand into new markets, expand your workforce, invest in new opportunities or provide for the next generation. Our tax advisory services include:
- Compensation & Benefits – Building tax-optimized design and implementation of ESOPs, retirement plans, employee benefits, and other types of executive compensation programs
- Credits & Incentives – Identifying and capturing all federal, state, and local tax credits and incentives to make strategic business improvements.
- Federal Tax – Tackling the complexity of federal tax obligations with special attention to your business goals, structure, and industry.
- Indirect Tax – Managing your exposure to VAT and Sales & Use taxes, while realizing additional savings through streamlined compliance programs.
- International Tax Planning – Fueling your presence in global markets with strategic tax structuring, transfer pricing analysis, foreign tax compliance and more.
- Private Client – Developing comprehensive plans for enabling business transitions, establishing family offices, philanthropic gifting, and other wealth transfer strategies
- State and Local Tax – Improving compliance and maximize tax savings for your business across multiple jurisdictions.
- Tax Function Optimization – Complementing your tax team with outsourced or co-sourced solutions and technological improvements
Whether you're buying or selling a business, expanding into other states, or going global, we're there helping you understand how your business strategies will impact your tax position – so you can minimize risk and maximize opportunity.
Tax knowledge you can trust
RSM’s team of tax consultants are uniquely positioned to help you throughout your business’s journey. Your local RSM office leverages our entire network to coordinate with specialists and find the best answers to any tax challenges you face. Our Washington national tax practice is in constant contact with tax officials and legislators understanding the latest developments in tax policy and regulation. Teams leverage their deep knowledge of the regulatory landscape around taxation so other RSM professionals can help clients understand and plan for emerging legislation and rulings before they affect their businesses.
A business guide to tax considerations for 2019 to help make informed decisions after the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
Understand the critical legislative updates and changes from 2019 affecting state and local tax planning and compliance.
In early September, Mexico released a proposed tax reform package with significant changes in the country’s international tax regime.
Publicly traded companies located in Illinois may be subject to new demographic reporting requirements by Jan. 1, 2021.
Recent reversal of long-standing exemption for medical billing services scheduled to be effective April 1, 2020.
If adopted, the accredited investor definition will be a test family office investors will need to pass before investing in private markets.
Massachusetts rejects change in domicile after Florida home purchase, driver’s license change and new voter registration.
A webcast covering new and noteworthy developments in IRS practice and procedures that you should be aware of in case of exam.
The ACA’s shared responsibility penalty on individuals without health insurance no longer applies after 2018, but state penalties may apply.
Redesigned forms and instructions require partnerships to reconsider tax basis capital and section 704(c) compliance processes.
Fund management companies face difficult challenges in determining their state income tax filing obligations and apportionment rules.
This article discusses state, county, and local-level credits and incentives a company should consider in evaluating investment into the US.