2019 State and local tax legislative recap
INSIGHT ARTICLE |
State legislative sessions in 2019 were far from quiet as the focus remained on addressing the upheaval of federal tax reform and the 2018 South Dakota v. Wayfair decision.
When it comes to understanding and acting on these dramatic changes, middle market companies have a lot to deal with and must determine what to handle now, and what to deal with later. In this guide, RSM's Washington National Tax state and local tax team discusses the major statutory developments affecting state and local taxation from the 2019 legislative sessions.
Our 2019 state and local tax recap explores key changes, with a focus on:
- Federal tax reform and the state response
- Continued implications of the Wayfair decision
- Significant developments among both sales and use tax and income/franchise taxes
- State tax amnesties and administrative changes
- Credits and incentives developments
ADDITIONAL 2019 YEAR-END TAX RESOURCES
A business guide to tax considerations for 2019 to help make informed decisions after the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.